For Tracy Michele, who always sees them first.
"I wish you to consider that I have been speaking of what I wished to accomplish in these pictures, rather than what I have done; for I may have failed in these efforts. I should, nevertheless, be much gratified if you could see them ...."
- Thomas Cole, letter dated May 1828

Monday, July 26, 2010

a far green country


Gandalf: End? The journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it.
Pippin: What? Gandalf? See what?
Gandalf: White shores ... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: No, no it isn't.

- The Lord of the Rings, 2001

This is just a short announcement that Itty Bitty Walsch, Tracy's sweet little kitty, has said "so long" and journeyed on to those elysian fields. It's unusual to post an announcement on here that is not about my artwork, but Itty was great company and, at age 22, had earned the right to aid - or interrupt - anyone's attempt to read a book or work on a drawing. She is missed. Say "hi" to Cortez, Itty.